Our tutor assessment process is highly selective
1. Prospective tutors apply on our website with a CV. They answer detailed questions on their academic background and teaching experience.
2. Applications are reviewed by our office team. Each and every candidate is looked at by at least one member of senior management.
4. The first part of the interview is a lesson which is prepared in advance by the tutor but needs to be adapted on the day according to the needs of the student. The student is one of our assessors. Our team of assessors is made up of our most experienced and highest performing tutors. They are chosen by our Founding Director, Joe Hytner, who is a PGCE qualified teacher.
5. The second part of the interview is a self-assessment, in which the tutor is encouraged to reflect on the strengths and weaknesses of the lesson they gave. This gives us an insight into the tutor's self-awareness and their ability to improve their own practice.
6. The third and final part of the interview is a general discussion about the tutor's teaching approach and beliefs. This gives us further insight into the personality and teaching style of the private tutor in question.
7. Tutors who demonstrate outstanding teaching skill and an inspirational, engaging personality are formally accepted onto our books. After background checking (see below), they can start working with our clients.
8. Once we have started introducing the tutor to clients, we listen very carefully to their client feedback, to ensure that they are continually meeting the highest standards.
We also conduct thorough background checks
Our tutors often tell us that we are more thorough and take greater care with our background checks than other agencies. We know our clients care deeply about this and that they expect nothing but the highest vetting, so we take it very seriously.
Checks consist of:
1. An ID check, to prove the tutor is who they claim to be and is allowed to undertake self-employed private tuition work in the UK.
2. A Qualifications check, to prove the tutor has genuinely obtained excellent academic credentials relevant to the subjects they will be tutoring.
3. A DBS (previously 'CRB') check, to ensure there is no criminal background making them unsuitable to work as a private tutor.
4. A Testimonials check, to get an outside perspective on the tutor's teaching skills, reliability and personality. Wherever possible we take these testimonials from their previous clients/students, or those who have observed the tutor teaching.
Titanium Tutors have been highly professional in every aspect of my contact with them. The tutor was fantastic. She was so kind and her teaching approach resulted in some excellent creative writing.
Great company to deal with, excellent communication and service. Both tutors for my children have been brilliant. Would definitely recommend.
Every tutor we've ever had has been superb. Absolutely delighted with the service. Would recommend without hesitation.